Just like the Beatles tune; “If there’s anything that you want. If there’s anything I can do. Just call on me and I’ll send it along…”
“With love from Mimi to you.”
And love it is…when a local couple approached Mimi to cater their wedding for 55 close friends and family members this August, she knew exactly what to propose for the summer-themed menu.
“Menus need to be adapted to the family’ culture and background” says Mimi. In this case, Mimi took into careful consideration that one side of the family was from the mid-west and the other bi-coastal. There is also a little “refereeing” tossed into the mix.
The results of the final menu are a combination of tastes and the implementation of exciting, local summer produce. The wedding menu follows.
Passed Hors d’oeuvres
- Thai Vegetable Spring Rolls w/Miso dipping sauce (using rainbow colored organic carrots and cucumber)
- Chicken Apple Sausage in Puff Pastry w/ Sweet Mustard Sauce
- Mini Potato Pancake w/ Duck Liver Pate & Pear Mostarda
- Prosciutto Arugula Bundles w/ Fresh Lemon
- Mini Mexican Eggrolls w/ Salsa, Guacamole & Sour Cream
- Fresh Lobster Profiteroles
- Savory Apple Blue Cheese Tart & Tomato Gruyere Tart
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna?(Incorporating fresh local tomatoes & basil)
- Grilled Skirt Steak Roulade over Red Watercress w/ Chimichurri Sauce
- Grilled Salmon w/ Grilled Pineapple Salsa?Fresh Kale Salad
- Sweet Jersey Corn Pudding
- Heirloom Tomato Salad w/ Basil & Feta
- Golden Beet Salad w/ Crunchy Sprouts & Cucumber Three Bean Salad w/ Pea Shoots
- French Macaroons
- Cake by Riviera Bakery
Mimi notes that today’s menus are typically lighter fare and finger foods, and this, she greets with open arms. She puts to use her ability to create small bites that are completely handcrafted in small quantities.
Handmade hors d’oeuvres take hours of preparation and attention to detail, but once they are done, plated and served the extra care and loving touch shows through.
You and your guests will literally taste the difference!
So, when planning something as special as a wedding review your options carefully, if you plan to have your wedding catered.
Also, consider the following
- Family Cultures/Guest’s Backgrounds
- Fresh Foods/Frozen Foods
- Crafts (wo)manship/Convenience
- Local Produce/Big Box